Please see the readings the educators will be doing this year as an Extended Services Team. We will update the list of books, articles, and research as we cover various topics, i.e. defining extended services and the philosophy in Barrington District 220 to teaching strategies and characteristics of high performing students. Feel free to join in the learning with us!
- Beyond Gifted Education: Designing and Implementing Advanced Academic Programs by Scott J. Peters (2013).
- Modern Curriculum for Gifted and Advanced Academic Students by Todd Kettler (2015).
- Conceptions of Giftedness by Robert J. Sternberg and Janet E. Davidson (2005).
- Systems & Models for Developing Programs for the Gifted and Talented, 2nd Edition by Joseph Renzulli (2009)
- Fundamentals of Gifted Education, Considering Multiple Perspectives by Carolyn M. Callahan and Holly L. Hertberg-Davis (2012).
- Identification of Students for Gifted and Talented Programs by Joseph Renzulli and Sally Reis (2004).